Wednesday, 30 May 2018

The Hoplites Advance!

I have made a bit of progress on my Argonauts warband. They got primed earlier today, and I decided to add a step to my usual modus operandi.


Sometimes the sand I use to texture the bases does not cover completely, leaving very small gaps (mind them!) not easily closed with paint, allowing the primer colour to be seen as dots from specific angles. White primer is the worst, as small dots of a bright colour are impossible to not notice.

Thus, I have decided to re-prime the bases when using white undercoat. I use Humbrol matt black enamel for this, and it now has to dry until tomorrow, before I glue sand on top of the bases.


No comments:

Post a comment