Thursday 3 May 2018

DIY Terrain Mat Almost finished

Not much done, today; I was at work last night, and we had to go to the hospital in Odense with Anna to get her surgically altered right knee checked (it was well enough for the surgeon to be willing to operate the left one - she got scheduled for Monday morning!! 😍 ), and I returned home at about 11:30 am.

I then preapred some hot breakfast while drybrushing the mat, went to bed just around noon and slept to about 17:00.

I then went to the parcel shop to pick up a delivery, and then we went out for dinner, to celebrate the good news about Anna's knee.

When we got home, I finished drybrushing the mat, and then set about unpacking the parcel I picked up earlier (more about that in a later post).

It is not perfect, but good enough for a first try. I had to learn how to drybrush a soft surface; you need more paint on the brush than when working with hard details, and still be careful not to apply too much paint, as it then blotches instead of showing the texture.

I may go back to it and add some green drybrushing or flocking, but for now it will do for my Black Powder appointment in Glamsbjerg on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment