Sunday 11 September 2016

Almost There!

Another sunny day allowed me to 'stomp' all the cobblestones along the right edge of the lawn into place.

The edge is not straight as a string, but pretty damn close, and I am very pleased with the way it turned out!

I may want to exchange a stone here and there, and I may have to elevate the rows a bit in some places when I start leveling some of the 'hollows' in the lawn, but for now, the new edge really lifts the garden (and the flowers my wife planted constitute the last touch).

The forecast for tomorrow promises dry, sunny weather, and I expect to get the edge of the rose bed in front of the terrace and the last details on the passageway done before noon. Then I can start pouring joint sand on the finished edges and the passageway, which will conclude stage three of this extremely extensive garden project.

As you can see, I have quite a few cobblestones left over, and if the fantastic autumn weather stays, I shall probably continue the edge at the far end of the lawn, to have that less work to do next summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment