Friday 1 June 2018

LotR: Orc Repaired and Rebased

During out last outing of Sellswords & Spellslingers, I found that this Orc's pick was broken just above the hand holding it, so I took the unfortunate Monster aside to do something about it at a later time.

First, I applied some plastic glue to the gap between the handle and the hand, and then gently pushed the pick into the right position.


Then I decided that I might as well get him a new base right away, and that did not take long.


When the filler had settled, I glued sand to the base for texture.


Then it got painted, drybrushed, and flocked, and the Orc is now once more ready to battle our intrepid adventurers.


2 comments:

  1. Very nice. You wouldn't know it had been damaged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, only if you know what to look for. But polystyrene plastics are very easy to repair, as compared to metal, I think.

      Delete