Thursday 15 December 2016

Christmas Wars: Santa Claus, Peaceful Edition

As mentioned in an earlier post, I have been working on some seasonal miniatures - and earlier today, I finished Santa.

I am going to add some scenic snow to the base, as soon as I get my hands on some. I intentionally made the base somewhat darker (hopefully looking a bit more 'wet') than my standard bases, by adding a wash of Agrax Earthshade. Most of the soil will be covered in scenic snow, though, which is also the reason why I did not add any flock.

I could have posted this earlier today, but Microsoft had updated my Windows, and the PC used most of the day for booting up 😠😠😠😠😠

Well, I spent most of the afternoon moving firewood, as the husband of a former colleague, from which I buy my firewood, had offered to bring a log splitter and help me split the rather large quantity of wood I had gathered in front of the shed, from various trees felled by the wind and/or myself in the back yard over the last couple of years - but now I have time to make a couple of updates.









Most of the colours are pretty straightforward, but I would like to note the following:

Belt and Boots:

  • Foundry Bay Brown triad

Sack:

  • Foundry Rawhide palette

 Teddy:

  • Foundry Butter Fudge palette
Tomorrow, I need to finish rebasing some Lizardmen for God of Battles, and a few Pulp minis - and then it is time to put some paint on Santa's lovely assistant!




No comments:

Post a Comment