Monday 13 August 2018

OpenForge: Dungeon for Sellswords & Spellslingers

Today, I printed this piece of dungeon tile, which is from the OpenForge collection by Devon Jones on Thingiverse.

Andrea Sfiligoi announced some time ago that there will be a dungeon supplement for Sellswords & Spellslingers, and I would like to be ready for it when it is available.

This piece was printed at the intended size for 28mm miniatures (100%), and I am not quite sure if I think it is spacey enough, or if I would like the minis to have a bit more 'air' around them (some fantasy minis come in very 'aggressive' stances, with weapons strutting here and there).

I expect to have the same piece printed at 110% and 125% by tomorrow evening, so that I can compare (and take them with me to see Ulolkish, and hear his opinion).

I would not want to spend hundreds of hours printing dungeon tiles, just to change my mind and have to start all over again, so I shall give this matter thorough consideration before committing to a specific size!

PLA is cheap, but not that cheap!


2 comments:

  1. It looks very effective. I suspect (as you hinted) that it will be very labour intensive to print a useful amount of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the printer is doing most of the work, I just have to load the files into the slicer and resize them (I have decided on 110%), and, of course, remove the finished prints from the build plate, and prepare it for the next job.
      I will take a lot of time, though - I am currently printing three corridor-pieces each four squares long, and that will take more than 13 hours to complete.
      The good thing is, I do not have to do anything but watch the printer now and then to be able to step in if something jinxs - and I can work on other projects at the same time!

      Delete