Wednesday 28 October 2015

Retro Raygun

Got this rule set in the mail yesterday (ordered through Wargames Emporium in the UK).

I have had some Robot Legion and Galacteer models (plus a few odd bits) from Hydra Miniatures for several years, so I thought I should finally get the rules to accompany them (and possibly motivate me to get some of them painted).

I have given the rules a quick read-through, and the system seems to be unlike everything else I have tried (which can be a good thing), making use of multiple dice for opposed rolls, and hardly any removal of single minis (except for the 'Horde' troop type), instead making use of morale type results for whole units.

I am looking forward to trying it out somewhen after having painted a bunch of minis - but the figures, especially the Robot Legion,  are likely to see use in other settings long before I get two sizeable forces ready for the table.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know anything about these rules, but pulp Sci-Fi is one of my favourite "haven't got quite enough time to do" settings. Please keep us informed as this project progresses :-) .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall, but I just today received what I believe to be some minis from Foundry for my Old West project, so progress may be somewhat slow on this.

      Delete