Tuesday 14 January 2014

CROM!: Rise of the Mummy King - Part Five.

It's about time I get this finished, methinks....

I may not remember all details, but the story must go on!

The Mummy King sets another skull for the incantation

The evil dead close in on Thrombur

Being the fastest dwarf in the desert, Thrombur slips past the slow skeletons and engage the foul fiend.

Heeding the call of their master, the rest of the minions surge towards the mastaba.


Thrombur goes medieval on the sorcerer

A mummy tries to distract the stalwart hero, but is quickly dispatched...


And down goes the Mummy King, his evil plans thwarted.
As far as I remember, we may have made a mistake regarding the dice of the mummy King on the last turn; I'm not quite sure if he got all the dice he was entitled to (something about recovering dice burned for magic), but I think we should re-play the scenario, perhaps with some slight changes: For instance, I don't think any of the minions inside the necropolis should activate (have their cards in the activation deck), until a hero enters the area. This will speed up the game considerably. I also now have in my possession the complete CROM! ruleset, and a torough read-through should harness me for further gaming.

I think I'll use the scenario for Attic Attack I; I only need to get some of the minions rebased and touched up, and as I'm also going to use the skeletons for Pike & Shot AND Zombies (they are really just a kind of very old reanimated dead, anyway), it's a no-brainer.

2 comments:

  1. I love CROM.
    Great ruleset and great report, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It's been quite a while since I last played this game, I think mainly because of the work going into preparing a scenario. It's worth it if one has the time to Invest, but a butterfly-gamer like me finds it hard to put the required amount of work into getting a game staged.

      Delete