Tuesday 2 July 2019

2019-06-29: Åcon 2019, Saturday


DrTheViking staged a Rogue Trader four-way scenario - I played the Orks and almost completed my objective (I had to 'salvage' the red Rhino), although my leader went down on Turn 3.






The Wasteland Muties blew up the entire board by activating a nuclear device from the Age of Strife - winning them the game, but... well...


Some of the monsters making an appearance in Rogue Trader.



The latest incarnation of Adeptus Titanicus saw a couple of demo runs. All those buildings are 3D-printed, by the way!


Wild boars from Stronghold Terrain - I think I need some of those for Paleo Diet...


The compulsory selfie stick fumble photo.



DrThe Viking and Jonas had brought some Oldhammer minis and played a Warhammer 3rd Ed. (I think) game, Undead versus Dwarves.





The Fear-rule in Warhammer seems so much more effective than the Scary-rule in God of Battles...

In the end, the Dwarves were being well overrun - it may have helped that Jonas did not read the rules in advance - Oldhammer rules are fairly complicated, and you need to know your army's meta stuff to perform well.


Sunday, the activity was limited to breakfast and pulling down the party tent, so no pics.

This was a soft reboot of Åcon after a pause last year, and I think that more games will be featured next and following years.

I brought home two boxes of somewhat battered expanded foam modern/futuristic buildings taking up too much space in our host's living room - I am going to repair the broken pieces and use it for some gaming in the attic until I bring it to Åcon and/or other events with the same bunch of guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment