Monday 1 July 2019

2019-06-28: Åcon 2019, Friday


Last weekend, I attended the private event Åcon in Esbjerg (it was on pause last year) - a small 'invites only' gathering of gamers.

Rasmus Wichmann, probably the driving force behind Team Dread Streets, publishers of Dread Streets, the cinematic swashbuckling game, was present for a couple of hours, and I sat in on a simplified demo of said game.


It was very hot, and it probably influenced our ability to focus, but we managed to play it to an abrupt end, when Rasmus was called home. If I recall correctly, I was deemed winner (or second) because of some unused counters.


I then demoed One Page Rules Age of Fantasy Skirmish. I really need to make some mats large enough for this and other games!





At the end of Turn 4, The Goblins carried the day, holding 2 objectives against 1.


I think this late evening pic looks a lot like this one from 2016: https://argonor-wargames.blogspot.com/2016/07/acon-1-day-in-esbjerg.html


2 comments:

  1. Very cool Niels! It was a pleasure to meet you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise, thank you!
      I get out much too rarely, really.

      Delete