Saturday 22 February 2014

Sumthin's Cookin'...

I am preparing the second half of my second brew, while I'm enyoying a small glass of the first. Mead is a drink for gods!

10 liters of water, each with a bit less than 3 kg honey, and an extra pot with water to fill up the fermentation tank, should the honeywater not be quite enough.

A fourtnight ago, I made a yeast culture the evening before I boiled the first half of the brew, and it has been bubbling away ever since.

Almost boiling...
Waiting for the rest.
Producing mead is a very easy process, you just have to have the patience (which can be hard, when you've first tasted the results).

Some day, I'll get my recipe translated and put up here, somewhere, for any interested parties to try out as they wish.


No comments:

Post a Comment