Saturday 7 April 2018

Springtime, at Last!

About two weeks later than last year, I have now finally been able to get half the veggie garden prepped for planting potatoes.

If the forecast is right, I should be able to get the 'early' spuds in the ground tomorrow - I expect to get Lea to help me, so that it can be done relatively quickly; tomorrow afternoon, Duregar/Ulolkish comes to visit for a delayed celebration of Lea's 12th birthday, so no time for working the veggie garden then.

Because it was pouring down all of last autumn, I did not get the soil worked through, and it shows in the half that has not yet been prepped - but as next week is going to be relatively dry (again, depends on the accuracy of the forecast), I should be able to finish digging it.


No comments:

Post a Comment