Thursday 25 August 2016

BoB Painting Club: Private Gideon Jones

I have been strugling with this little bugger since I returned from vacation; I wanted him to match the 'command section' I painted years ago for 'The Secrets of the Hidden Temple', and, of course, I had absolutely only the roughest idea about what colours/paints I used back then.

I also have no idea of the exact compositions of the colours I used on Jones, as I had to mix and match on the fly (using the approach of trial and error), which is not very effective, as the exact shade cannot be discerned before the paint has dried properly, so a highlight that looks right when painted on, actually may be too bright/chalky when dry.

Well - no colour breakdown this time, and I shall definitely NOT use this approach on any further minis from this series!







No comments:

Post a Comment