Tuesday 5 April 2016

Forgive Me, Friends...

...it has been far too long since my last conf.. er... update.

I have been in a hobby hiatus ever since stowing my stuff away for Christmas, but during Eastern, I got inspired to dive back into my piles of unpainted and unassembled plastic.

I started reading A Game of Thrones, and the short description of a tournament thererin brought my thoughts back on, how to depict jousting by using minis and dice. I wrote up the draft of a set of rules, and then needed to get som playtesting going.

Thus, I have assembled a couple of Fireforge Templar Knights to paint up as some late 12th Cty knights.

The plan (right now) is to assemble another 6 knights, and then get them painted.

As always, I have multiple purposes for these:

  1. With 8 knights, I can test the Chivalry jousting rules in a small tournament with an even number of participants.
  2. 8 knights give me 2 points of 'Hearthguard' for a SAGA Crescent and Cross crusader warband.
  3. 6 knights give me a unit for Lion/Dragon Rampant.
  4. Finally, one of the knights will serve as my Character for Chivalry, when I get the rest of the rules fleshed out.
So, I may well go back to updating the blog on a more regular basis - I have 1½ week off work, now, so I expect to get some stuff done.

Here's another pic of my first two knights, from a slightly different angle.


As you can see, I need to build up the bases, and I also have to do some cleaning up of greenstuff fillings, but right now I just want to get some more knights assembled, and the I can do the final fiddling about just before priming the minis.

Well, that should be all for now.

I hope to be able to show some more progress tomorrow, but don't hold your breath, as I have some over-due tasks in and around the house to tend to...


No comments:

Post a Comment