Monday 13 January 2014

Weekend Activities.

The bottom shelf, placed on top of the brackets
without screws, to facilitate access
to the chimney hatch below
I have no painted minis to show from this weekend, because I've been busy in our home and in the garden.
I put up some shelves in a kitchen cupboard built around the chimney used by the firewood stove in the living room.

I had to do it in two stages, as the old house we live in has very strange walls; they are very soft in some Places, causing the drill to make a larger hole than intended, and very, very hard in other places, forcing me to use a bigger drill to do the job.

Bullseye!!!


In both cases, I had to put filler in the holes and wait for it to dry so I could drill a hole the right size for the plug and screw.

I am very happy with the results, though, as the Pictures to the right may justify.

I dont think that I have succeded in putting two shelves up in a row and making them both almost perfectly horizontal ever before :oD

I also got some work done on the electrical gizmos I need for my garage attic, to get some lights put up,


The finished result
Some of today I spent in the back garden roughly cutting up the rest of a storm-felled tree (and some smaller ones felled by the large one).


Almost perfect!
We'll have thoroughly dried firewood for the winter 2015-2016 from that tree (for the winter 2014-2015 I already have plenty of ready firewood in the shed), and I hope to be able to borrow a log splitter this coming spring like I did last year.

All in all, I'm pretty content with the result, as the pictures may justify.





No comments:

Post a Comment