...and so does my toil in the garden.
I have leveled the soil in the area vacated by the bushes, and I have added more soil to the flower bed along the hedge to make it level with the lawn, and I have removed the old bricks that formed the all too narrow bed edge.
The plan is to continue the flower bed all along the hedge - and edge it with cobbles - but I need to remove that evergreen bush at the back, before I can do that. Probably a sub-project for when I run out of cobblestones.
I needs to be adjusted a bit - there is a height difference between the two ends of the passageway, so I had to pull a string at ground level between the two areas to use a guide for the cobbles.
As you can see below, I have also begun removing turf and digging the trench for the edge around the rose bed.
I intend to extend the cobblestone edge all the way to the far corner at the back (last photo), although this may mean that I shall have to redo it, if/when I give the terrace an overhaul (right now it consists of three different types of cement tiles, and I would like it to be all hexagonal tiles like the ones extending from the front door area along the front of the conservatory - but that has to be a separate project from this upgrade to Garden 2.0).
Our property is situated on the banks of a stream valley, so the flower bed is sloping away from the lawn (I hope to somewhat remedy that when renewing the soil for new strawberry cuttings to be planted), and I want to ensure that the cobblestone edge will be held in place, even if heavy rains make the soil shift a bit down the slope.
The yellow slide I removed from the swing set a while back, as the wooden frame has deteriorated badly, and will probably have to be removed or replaced by something else. Another separate project, I guess.
Post a Comment