Sunday 18 September 2016

Trouble With Tree Roots

Although the temperature has dropped a bit, the weather is still nice and dry, and my garden project continued yesterday.

The first pine tree I have to lead the cobblestone row past has some rather massive roots just beneath the surface, and I have to remove at least part of them to make space for the lawn edging (and hope that it will not mean that the tree falls at the first moment with heavy winds).


In the bottom right corner, you can see my attempt on burning one of the roots away, using barbeque coal.

Today showed that the fire had not been very effective, and I pulled my chainsaw out and churned away at some of the roots. I do not have any pics of that, but I have employed fire once more, to burn away some of the chopped up roots. Tomorrow I am going to put the chainsaw to use once more, and hopefully get the trench fully cleared for the cobbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment