This evening, I cleaned up another Gondorian archer, and got him glued to a washer.
Afterwards, I put arms on the designated standard bearer for the men-at-arms unit. As you may be able to see, again I could not get a proper fit for the right arm.
My initial enthusiasm for these models has cooled a bit, as I find it fiddly and often not very rewarding to fit the two-handed arms sets, and I shall have to do quite a bit of work with the greenstuff before I can get any paint on these.
Well, at least I do not have to do all the units right away as I have other armies to use on the table - although it would be nice if I could make a tad faster progress on these, but time and the garden project (and painting some Zulu warriors) does not leave me more than a couple of hours in the evenings for scraping plastic.