Friday 29 May 2015

Final Corner Done!!

I didn't really paln this, it sort of just happened, as I moved some stuff from the living room to the attic.

I put boards on the final corner of the attic floor, and I can now really start to arrange stuff as I want it to stay permanently.

The only thing left to do now, is to reinforce the trapdoor, but I have to buy a single extra board for this, as none of my leftovers are large enough to fill the gap between the supporting beams, and I want it to be a single piece, as this is the more sturdy solution.

Tomorrow I shall put up the last light bulbs and connect them, and hopefully I shall find time to buy a few 'screw hooks' to hang them from.

I have to speed up the process, as Anna wants to have her birthday party in the man-cave (and who can blame her?), and her actual birthday is next Friday, so the attic needs to be completely ready for that.

The Trapdoor
The last picture shows how the newly finished corner is already in use.

My spare glass wine fermentation 'tanks' (I still have not found the proper English term) are in the far corner, and some cardboard crates with Lord of the Rings stuff, and some terrain materials have been stacked in front of them.

The old wicker trunk is used to store the tarpaulins I cover everything with during winter, to protect them from moisture from snow blowing in under the eaves.


3 comments:

  1. I think the correct term for your 'fermentation tanks' is Demi-johns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks - I had to Google a bit to confirm it, but it seems to be the right term!

      Delete