Sunday 8 January 2017

GoB: Repairing an Old Musician

I recently found the missing right hand of this living impaired fellow.

It broke off a LONG time ago, and I thought I had lost it completely, but here it is once more.

Got it glued back on, and blocked out the colours, just need to give it a good wash or two, to shade and tone it, and he can rejoin the Skeleton Warrior unit I painted him for.

I really look forward to be able to field the 36 points Infantry Main Battleline I have planned and am now making the last two units for - six formed units forming an almost impenetrable phalanx, with the Necromancer safely hidden in a Chariot behind it, able to cast Miracles, and use his Raise Dead/Skeletons ability. Dead simple, and deadly!

I can then upgrade the army to 48 points by taking the Undead Knights, while getting three units of Skeleton Warriors (8 points each) ready for a smashing 60 points 9 units Infantry Battleline.


💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀


2 comments:

  1. I suppose you could have repaired this model with any leftover weapon, but it's nice to see the original restored. And the painting on the main part looks very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the hard part would be to find a skeletal hand fitting in size, these old 90's skellies are somewhat beefier than their plastic counterparts.
      The pj is really just blocked in, then all-over washed with Agrax Earthshade (i shows at the horn 'muzzle'), but it seems to work well on this type of mini.

      Delete