Saturday 3 May 2014

Chivalry, Part 2.5: Heraldy for Chivalry!

I bought this online from an antiquarian, and received it today:

It's an old OOP book that I remembered having studied when I ran a D&D campaign about 25 years ago, and I'm going to use it as a source of inspiration for emblazoning the arms of my Feudal knights.

I have another package sent as a letter at the local post shop, but I cannot get it until Monday, as they cannot hand out 'letters' over the weekend (but parcels are OK..?!). Don't ask. It's complicated. Bureaucracy at its finest...

3 comments:

  1. Have fun! I know I always enjoy creating heraldry. (And dreaming up how it came to be...)
    I'm curious, are there any regional peculiarities to Danish heraldry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missed this the first time around.
      I don't remember if we have regional peculiarities - I first read this book about 20 years ago while trying to construct a framework of rules for heraldry for my D&D campaign. I shall try remembering to poxst up, if I find something intersting regarding our heraldic rules, though :o)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete