Tuesday, 3 February 2015

SotHT: Rebasing the Germans, WIP 1.

I allowed a sneak peek on these yesterday, but I think I better show the 'before' picture again, for reference.

As you can see, the basing was almost done (just some flock wanting), but as these have integral bases, there is no need to place them on plastic plinths, and steel washers can be used instead (and should be, according to my current standards).

I got the slottas removed earlier today (I even had to apply my Dremel to remove some plastic that had been superglued too well to two of the minis).

I then glued the minis to some washers (and forgot to rough up the edges before doing so, dang!) and left too dry until tomorrow.

The remainder of my hobby time for today was spent on trying to paint a DreadBall core to look as if lit up from the inside. I failed. I am not sure if I shall leave the core as is and just paint the blasted thing polished steel/silver, or if I shall give it another try. I went for a green core, btw, to mimick the X-Box logo, but it really did not turn out as planned...

If I finish the ball tomorrow, I shall of course show off the result, but in the meantime, stay tuned for progress on the German 'archaeologists'.

No comments:

Post a Comment