Monday 19 January 2015

D&D RPG Fantasy Vikings Project: More Character Minis Arrived!

In the mail today, these two VERY nice sculpts from Hasslefree (I'm pretty sure the male wizard is an ex Red Box mini, btw).

Neither exactly 'viking' in style, but the female is going to be the avatar of my youngest offspring who is playing young apprentice of the settlement's Vǫlva.

Anna and Lea play the daughters of the local Hersír, so the slightly exotic attire of Lea's character can be explained by her father bringing home some stuff from overseas expeditions.

The wizard I plan to use as an arch enemy, threatening the settlement and general area with vile creatures from a lair somewhere in the surrounding fjöll.

Shot from a slightly different angle:

All that remains now is to clean up the models and get some paint slabbed on.

I shall start work on the two main avatars somewhen this week.

I just started in a new job today, and I feel rather chewed up, but I hope to be able to get back to the workable tomorrow afternoon after work.

2 comments:

  1. Yup, he's an evil wizard if ever I saw one! Nice models, but then I would expect that from Hasslefree :-) .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He even has some runes from the Elder 24-rune Futhark on his shoulders. Dabbling in long forgotten lore, no doubt!

      Delete