Wednesday 15 May 2019

My Newest Tool


This photo was taken with the wrong light settings - but as it is not meant to show off my meagre painting skills, it is of no dire consequences.

I recently bought the Citadel Assembly Handle, as I am to embark on a fairly extensive project, rebasing plastic Riders of Rohan with their idiotic singular-point-of-contact horses, and I expect to have to apply support to the horses while the glue sets. If this turns out to work nicely for that purpose, I may actually purchase a some more of the handles, so that I can have more than one horse glued in a setting.

The above Skeleton snapped off the plastic base while I was cutting away some of it (the base), and as Poly Cement does not dry very quickly, I felt it was time to get some use out of the handle - and it seems to do the job very nicely!

As you can see, I have not put the clamps to use, as that paticular mini is mostly painted, and I do not want to damage the paint, if it can be avoided, but the arms provide sufficient support to hold a man-sized 28mm mini in place.

I wonder how well the strength of the arms will hold up to metal and/or resin horses, but that time that worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment