Wednesday 15 August 2018

3D Dungeon: Deciding on a Size

Yesterday, I printed the 2x2 corridor at 110% and 120% to compare them with the 'normal' sized piece from the other day.


Looking at the three pieces, I thought that the middle one (110%) gave the 25mm based mini just that extra space needed for  easier handling (and for models inn more dynamic poses), whereas the piece at 120% would seem very broad for minis on 20mm bases (which I use on a regular basis these days).


 Thus, I printed a door piece a 110%, to see how it would look with some assorted minis next to it.

As can be seen, the door looks pretty natural (although maybe a bit too wide).

My mind almost made up, I still visited Ulolkish late last night to show him the test pieces and give his opinion.

We placed several minis from different manufacturers in the corridors, and finally agreed that 110% is the best fit.

So, today I am printing three 2x4 corridors all at once (takes all day), and the next couple of days I shall print four 2x3 corridors, and then another five 2x2 pieces, before I begin making some room and door tiles.







No comments:

Post a Comment