Monday 2 June 2014

Attic Attack I, Part 4.

Saturday early to late evening, DreadBall was on the menu.

First, Torben and Tobias had a quick half-game (Torben and @dijit had to leave at 19:00).

Picture by @Duregar
Picture by @Duregar


  I am not sure what @dijit and I were discussing, here.
Picture by @Duregar

Picture by @Duregar



The, it was time to break out the Ultimate pitch for a threesome:

Picture by @Duregar



Amnd this is why I should not be playing games using regular six-sided dice...






Game ended 4-4-2 (or 1?). It was my first Ultimate game, and I must say, I found it a bit chaotic. It is not as tactically challenging to play as normal DreadBall (at least not with 3 teams - it's too easy to score those Strikes, even though you have 2 less actions to use), and the random Rush sequence, combined with 2 balls in play, makes it virtually impossible to play the game as other than a series of reactions to the events, trying to Strike every time you can get your hands anywhere near one ball or the other.

But as a Beer-and-Pretzel game, it has its qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment