Sunday 8 June 2014

One Feather...

Started AND finished painting this today in 1½ session. New personal record for me, I think.

It's my first contribution to the Colonial Painting Expedition at the LAF.

Hopefully. I'll manage to get 1-3 more done before the CPE hits the 100-mark, but after one week, we're already almost at  number 30.

Colours are very straightforward; the black is my blue-grey based palette, the white is light grey through white, the skin is Tanned Flesh + Pale Flesh, Pale Flesh, White subtle highlight. Eyes are black with 'ardcoat, beak is Tausept Ochre, Golden Yellow, Sunburst Yellow + White, Toes/claws (which cannot be seen in pic) dark to medium grey.

Base is Vallejo Khaki Brown, drybrushed with Army Painter Skeleton Bone. Could probably use a light drybrush with Bleached Bone or Warzone Legionnaire Flesh, but I was in a hurry.

3 comments:

  1. Well, the colours may be straightforward, but this is still a very nice-looking model. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I owe much of the niceness to the tufts on the base - it's amazing what they do to an otherwise dull base!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete