Saturday 5 April 2014

Mead Rack

Finally got my wine rack for storing mead bottles assembled. Had to pre-measure and drill some holes in the racks, as there was nothing to show, where to put the screws.

But now I have storage space for the next couple of batches.

As you can see, my second batch is happily bubbling away to the right, and I have started up the yeast culture for the third, for which I'll boil the first half tomorrow.

Soon I'll order another couple of fermentation containers, and then start up the next brew.

I should be able to keep up a steady supply for school reunions, Attic Attack, and overall consumption, when I have 5 or 6 containers, starting up a new brew every 2-3 months. The biggest problem will be to procure enough used bottles, but if everything else fails, I can always buy some.




No comments:

Post a Comment