Thursday 13 December 2018

Some More WIP Stuff...


I am rebasing some minis I painted a very long time ago (hence the dubious paintjobs on some of them) for various purposes, as I now want to use them for Sellswords & Spellslingers.

The Heresy Vampire below has lived a haunted life - first he lost his head, and then, recently he had a metal bear fall on him, damaging the paint on his left sleeve, so in addition to finishing his new base I have to reconstruct the paintjob...


This bunch is waiting for a black undercoat, but I am not going spray them, until I have finished painting that blasted female Barbarian for Lea's Sellswords & Spellslingers party!


With my current mojo and speed, I shall probably not paint more than one or two minis before 2019 - unless I focus on models I can speed-paint with block'n'wash or drybrushes. December is a bitch to get through when working every second weekend, and still having kids around, methinks...

2 comments:

  1. Some familiar models in that bottom picture; I have the "Robin Hood" group as well :-) .

    I have also noticed that holidays aren't always the most productive hobby times. I blame kids - it's all the running around, entertaining, cooking, stopping quarrels &c that I have to do all day long. That really eats up all the time in a holiday that I thought I would be able to use for painting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me it is mainly all the preparations and various school events (and then I have to work from Wednesday 19th through Tuesday 25th before having seen days off), and between Christmas and New Year the whole family is home (plus, my sister-in-law and nephew will be visiting Denmark for the holidays), so I think 'hobby time' will be reduced to some boardgaming with the kids (nothing wrong with that), and attending the 3D printer.

      Delete