Thursday 27 December 2018

2018-12-19: Mantic's The Walking Dead, Prelude to Woodbury, Scenario 2, Part 2

I had no energy for working on this during the Christmas days (all those consecutive night watches in a row took their toll), but I shall try getting this AAR back on tracks over the next couple of days (I have been off work since yesterday).

I may have made a double-sneak here, I do not remember, but Brian was outside the Kill Zone of the nearest Walker in the Event Phase, and I shall just have to roll with that.



I was at 'Low Threat', and the closest walker got to move towards Brian. Luckily for him, it had to move around the pickup, and did not have sufficient movement to reach him.

I am pretty sure, the next move was another double-sneak, so instead he should have run and triggered movement of the nearest Walker within. Now, instead, he only reached the Supply Marker without being able to search it before another Event Card was drawn.

Of course, I want to play by the rules, but I must admit that I do not see that it would be more than a marginal advantage for the Survivors to be able to Move twice, as the Sneak action only allows for a 4" move, and is only just enough to get out of the Kill Zone of a Walker you just fought (not enough to get outside the 6" shambling range of a Walker triggered by an Event Card). Well, as of December 20th (next day) I was using the correct rules, but until we reach that part of the game, you will have to bear with me.




The Event Phase saw another rise in Threat Level, and the closest Walker turned around and moved around towards the front of the pickup.



Searching the Supply Marker, Brian found some ammo for his Beretta, which is nice to have, should you decide to try dropping the Walkers from a distance (causing Mayhem with every shot)...

He then sneaked behind the barricade to get close to the next Supply Counter (and get some cover between himself and the bimbo Walker near it).

No Walkers were close enough for lurching at Brian in the Event Phase.


The Event Card immediately raised the Threat Level, and then the  effect for 'Low Threat' was applied.

At first, when I looked at the next picture, I thought that I might have made a mistake, not moving the closest Walker - BUT the card actually says 'one eligible Walker', and not 'the closest eligible Walker' as when Noise is made, so I actually think that it was quite OK to move the Walker furthest from Brian (but within 10" of him) towards him. I think that when more survivors are present, any standing unengaged walker within 10" of any survivor can be moved towards the closest survivor - which makes for some tactical choices (perhaps also in PvP games, I really have to get the full rules).


That is all for this time, as it is getting late here (the kids and I were watching Captain America: Civil War this evening), and I really should get some sleep and get my day-rhytm back on tracks after all those night watches.

No comments:

Post a Comment