Sunday 7 October 2018

New Camera

As some of you may be aware, I recently was a klutz and pushed my trusty Canon PowerShot A560 from the table onto the floor - in turned on mode, and thus with the optics out.

Not my brightest hour, to say the least.

Something broke or got warped inside the optic module, and it can no longer open/close the optics.

Of course, it would be far too expensive to get it repaired, so I had to consider getting a camera with at least the same functionalities, as my backup Sony CyberShot does not deliver on photo quality, and I want to be able to post high-quality photos of my hobby stuff.


My choice fell on another Canon.

It seems to have almost the same settings as the old one, although they are a tad harder to find, but as recent results have shown, I am slowly learning the ropes.

My biggest concern is for when I shall use the camera on holidays or outside in the garden, as I shall probably need reading glasses to check and change settings - the old camera was somewhat easier to operate - but I shall probably just start carrying a set of glasses in the camera bag, for easy access when away from home.

I hope that, in time, when I get to know all the settings and their use in different circumstances, this new camera will prove even better than my sadly departed PowerShot, which has been my companion for more than a decade.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment