Monday 1 October 2018

3D Printed Wizard's Tower

The blog has been rather quiet for a while for two reasons:
  1. I have been busy painting for the Old School Fantasy Painting Party o'er at the LAF, and
  2. I wanted September to generate a more modest amount of hits, because one of the joys of blogging for me is the process of surpassing the results of previous months - and with a gap of about 10K hits between the all-time 3rd and 4th best months, it was a bit tedious as soon as a month reached 3rd rank.
Well, I have printed a lot, and painted a couple of minis, since my last update, and I am going to post a lot of it over the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned!

Today's post is about my latest print - of my first purchased bundle of STLs ever, namely some pieces for a Wizard's Tower by Devious Games, run by 'beefcake' as he is known on the LAF.

I started a couple of days ago by printing the roof in Fiberlogy Easy PLA Burgundy. It was printed at 0.1 resolution due to the sloping surfaces.

All the sections for the Wizard's Tower come in two variations; one with integrated tabs on the underside for securing a good grip between levels, and one with flat buttom for printing without supports. The set also provides a separate ring with tabs to attach to the flat versions, to the same end as the integrated tabs.
I printed the version with integrated tabs, as I prefer to avoid glueing pieces together where possible.

The next print was the flat version of a level with a single door, as I want to use it as a hut for the healer in a Sellswords & Spellslingers scenario.

This was printed in Fiberlogy Easy PLA Graphite at 0.2 resolution (saving a lot of time).

Inside details
I am pretty pleased with the outcome of this - and happy with my choice of colours, as I think the finished model will be passable for the table without being painted right away!

Below is the 'complete' hut, fresh from the printer (tower section completed this morning):

.



No comments:

Post a Comment