Tuesday, 26 August 2014

Some Undead Progress.

Been busy clearing the garage attic for the mason, as I'm going to have a new chimney pipe built, so as to be able to put up a stove in the attic.

In the meantime, I'll be working on my GoB 28 Lords of Undeath army; the first 4 units of Ghouls (Mantic zeds) onlly need one more ghoul painted to act as the unit leader, and the Undead Knights are almost finished, bringing the force up to 24 points quick-play.

As you can see from the picture below, the sand is just now settling on the bases, and they should be ready to get finished tomorrow.

I have been rebasing some oldhammer plastic skeletons to use as Skeleton Hordes (units of 16 slow and - almost -  useless rabble). Bad pic because of the flash reflecting from the magnetic sheet:

I am planning to use 2 chariots to make the 24 pts Command and Support for the initial force, and I got a thin steel plate today, to cut up for bases for those (and to make Warmaster bases for my future LotR 10mm project).

I still have lots of plastic skellies to use for additional Hordes, as well as units of Skeleton Warriors (slow, but not so useless rabble), and also plenty of archers to form some unkits from.

Added to that, I have quite a few oldhammer wights, mummies, ethereals, etc. - some even still in blisters, to turn into Blacksouls, Guardians of Midnight, and the odd Necromancer.

Tomorrow I have to prepare for my final science exam, so i probably won't get much else than the Knights' bases done, but Thursday and Friday should see some work on the chariots.

Here's the steel plate I got for 20 DKK from the local smith:

And a few more plastic skellies awaiting attention (just those I sorted immediate rebasing):

No comments:

Post a Comment