Wednesday 26 October 2022

An Archer Unit for Argonor's Undead Host

I have felt the need to field some additional ranged firepower in my Warlord's og Erehwon games (a small catapult just doesn't cut it against Vikings and Dwarves with a lot of bows and javelins).

I worked on this group as an 'unofficial' left hand job in between other hobby tasks - and, lo and behold, all of a sudden I had a new unit ready for the table, without any actual effort (or so it seemed).


A lot of bone, gold, and red, and a generous amount of Agrax Earthshade, and Bob's your uncle!

The picky observer will have noticed some moldlines, and, yes, these were part of a second-hand lot I acquired a couple of years ago, they were already assembled and primed, and rather than going over all those thin limbs with a sharp X-Acto, then having to give them a second coat of primer, I opted to just go with the flow (although it hurt every time I put a brush to one of those moldlines).

I rebased them them on 20mm washers and did my usual filler, sand, paint, and flock job on them, so that they will fit in with the rest of the army.

I already have another unit in the works, going 'on the side' like this one (my 'official' task right now is to paint up some Oathmark Revenants to use as Skeleton Guards in WoE (for now), but they are partially on hold because of the need for more headstones for my Halloween display on the 'Sideboard' (I think it's called in English). Pics will follow, when it is finished in all it's glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment