Monday 27 April 2020

Getting Ready for Oathmark - Middle-Earth Style

My five nights working week did not leave me much time and energy for hobby stuff, but I have been printing some cottages for various purposes (no time for painting, yet), somewhat dressing a table for my first test run of Oathmark, and putting a lot of minis on previously printed trays.


I have brought in my Vikings to play the role of Dunlendings (they are in the far corner), and some painted GW/Warhammer wolves I bought some years ago, in order to bring the Isengarders up to a similar number as the Western Alliance (which is actually from areas east of Isengard, just to make things more confusing...)

Bases are all over the place; I intend to continue basing/rebasing my infantry on 20mm washers, and I really don't think it will have much impact on gameplay - if the system is solid, it will work fine with slighly narrower frontages on some units.

I hope to play a couple of turns tomorrow, and also do a little work on bases for minis not yet present, we shall see about that (I also have to do my 8-kilometer walk, fight some dandelions, and finish painting a certain Mr. Gamgee, so that he can be varnished to keep the contrast paints in place).

I have not worked out points values, as this does not need to be a balanced affair, and I have not added characters of any kind. I aim to get the basic rules worked in, and get a good impression of the way standard situations are handled, then I shall know if this game is what I hope it is: My new go-to battle game to replace God of Battles, which I have found to be too unbalanced for my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment